Droid

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Campbell

Reaction score
Just picked up the new Motorola Droid for christmas. Anyone else using this phone yet. I have had it for only a couple of hours but I love it already. Screen quality is amazing. Its the best touch screen phone I have ever had on Verizon. No matter what people say, this thing really does give the iphone a run for its money.:smile0006:

The ONLY reason I did not go with either version of the Droid is,,,, you cannot tether the phone.

And, I sue my cell as a tether so that I can use my laptop on-line..

I can not believe they would build such an interactive phone and leave the tether option off...

Hopefully it will come about on the next version...

I had droids once but the surgeon cut them out. Hurt like hell and I couldn't sit properly for weeks.

Sorry

Gerry Mac

I have the Samsung Moment with Sprint, another android phone. It is pretty cool except for battery life which is an issue with all of these phones. They are power hungry little things.

I think the droid is using version 2.0 of the software, my moment is still at 1.5. Coming in January there will be 2.1 coming out.

Soon we will be walking around with all in one super computers in our pocket. I cant wait.

Here is a site for info. I'm sure there is also a sight/forum for your particular phone.

Personally, I'm waiting on the Motorola Sholes Tablet or the HTC Passion

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got to tinker with one yesterday at my parents, was definitely impressed. However, out of all the good, I really dislike they keyboard. Too flat, feels like I'm pressing multiple buttons at once, and the top buttons are too close to the screen so my thumb has trouble fitting. That keyboard alone would probably prevent me from buying one, which I was seriously considering before.

My last two phones have had full keyboards. I think maybe that has helped but I don't have a big problem with the one on my droid. It defintely could get better but I do prefer it to only having the electronic one like with the iphone

My last two phones have had full keyboards. I think maybe that has helped but I don't have a big problem with the one on my droid. It defintely could get better but I do prefer it to only having the electronic one like with the iphone