Dual Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoriMaury Kimbrough

Reaction score
We want to put dual exhaust on our ST. I’m talking, 2 mufflers, 2 catalytic converters, 2 tail pipes, etc. Has anyone done this? If so, I've got a couple of questions. What did it cost? How did they tuck all of the extra parts up under the truck? What muffler did you use? How did you run the tail pipes out the back or out the side? And the biggest question….are you happy with the results?

Pictures would be great. We're not ready to do it today becuase we've got to find a shop that we trust to do the work. But I'm hoping that my hubby will do this for me for my birthday. :D

I wanted to know this too. I was going to post something about it but you beat me to it. I'm very interested in this too just haven't had the time to take it to my brother's shop for him to look at it.

You may be able to do this if you place the mufflers sideways next to each other. It is too tight for them to be flat.

Todd Z

I did not make it over there today with the trac, had to pic up daughters camaro today.

However, I called Performance Mufflers here in Kingman. They are located on Bank Street. This is where DP got his exhaust done on the Ram. Tony said he'd have to look under to see exactly how much room there would actually be for dual everything, (as Todd Z stated) it would be a tight fit.

Dp had called them once before for me and they told him dual exhaust system around 400 somthing and single exhaust 300 something. And this is running the norm stretch of pipe with tip and muffler. FloMaster brand.

Dual everything I can tell you is gonna cost more than those figures as they would most like have to modify more than usual underneath. However those guys are really good at what they do! I believe where there is a will there is a way.

If you have not done the intake yet, don't have them do it just for grins I ask them how much for intake sytem *k & n* they told me 500 I was. like "yeah um ok, I can install it myself" ha ha!

:) Kimbro, If you beat me to it -- Then yours can be the guinea pig! :lol:

GM....They did the original exhaust on my bronco back in 2000, we were pleased with their work. We took it back to them after we replaced the engine and never could get them to 'remember' to order the pipe and muffler for it so we ended up taking it elsewhere. We were NOT please with the place that we ended up at. We had to return several times because of shotty welds. I just love the choice of shops in Kingman. :wacko:

We haven't done the intake...don't know if that's in the hubby's plans or not. But I'm with you, it's not something we'd pay someone else to do.

Camero huh? Now you guys have a least one of each from the Big 3...Ford, Dodge, GM. We became the oweners of a 98 Jeep Cherokee Sport in January. The kid is driving it right now, but once she's done...the mods will start on it!! It'll be our 4x4 that we can take out and play with.

Kimbro, if you get the intake kit, Dp is an expert at installing them. He just installed on his friends Suburban. lol I know what ya mean about shops in kingman, maybe the service has changed. They did a great job for DP and his friends he has sent down to them. Definately would never go to that other place on Airway...you know which one ha ha!!

On the camaro, got it from a private owner, used, kick @$$ stereo system. It's a 94 and well kept. I owned Chevys/ GM products as well as Ford. I even owned a VW Sunbug, and a Subi too. I am partial to my ST :) As you are to yours ha ha I added something to the trac last night.

That is DP's idea on 4x4'ing get it used or even beat up so that way you can play rough off road, like it's meant to be. ha ha His dad was always ihad Jeep wranglers and the cherokee when he was growing up and nto the 4wheelin. It's in his blood. ha ha

btw his dad now owns Dodge.

We are heading for Vegas for race and to hook up with Jerry and his bros and myst members that will be there this weekend. Wish you guys could come out!