Duece...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Knx

Reaction score
Great Job on the rotors and calipers! Lookin' to do the same on mine, but I'm wondering how difficult it is to remove the calipers to paint?

On a scale of 1 - 5 with 5 being the hardest what would you rate each major part of the process.

What I'm trying to determine is how difficult a job for a novice this would be.

D-

Its a failry easy job, there is only 2 10mm bolts that have to be undone for the caliper to be removed. The brake pads are held on spring clips. I just used masking tape and newspaper to tape off the area i didnt want painted and to keep over sray from getting on the ST. I would have to say that it is a 2 on a scale. I will try and get page if u want to know how to do it by the book. I didnt completely remove them from the brake line so i wouldnt have to bleed the brakes. I hope that this will help.

Duece

Thanks!! I have some rust on my rotors and was contemplating wire brushing them w/cordless drill attachement(s), then painting.

I didnt completely remove them from the brake line so i wouldnt have to bleed the brakes.

Will probably change the pads, but not sure if I want to do that or not at the same time Would make sense to, just not sure about the bleeding.

I will try and get page if u want to know how to do it by the book.

Any info would be greatly appreciated:cool:

D-

I didn't bother removing my calipers, just painted them with Testor's model paint, and it's held up fine for over 2 years now.