Duralast/Transmission Filter (A/T) Anyone use this filter?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makin Trax

Reaction score
Hello just asking about the above filter (Duralast/Transmission Filter (A/T) that you get from Autozone. Has anyone used this filter and have an opinion about it? Is it comparable to OEM ? I also would like input on the gasket the sell as well as Valvoline branded Mercon V ? likes, dislikes? fire away thanks ! !

The filter should be fine. They are only a fiber screen anyway. The gasket will be ok. Dont over thighten the pan bolts. I have an external trans filter. When I change it. I used the valvoline merc v. No problems.

I woudnt wory about the trans filter though. There are other AZ parts IMO, are junk. Then some are just re-packaged name brands.

I ordered the OEM filter & gasket from our site sponsor Torrie last month. Both items were ~$20 each + shipping, & I received them in about a week.:banana:

If the gasket is black color cork or such. It is impregnated with sealer. I wouldnt worry. If it is cork color and only 1/16 thick. It might leak if you over thighten the pan bolts. My expeiriance.

by trax,3/27/2011 08:00 MT

Ok so you don't like them I guess

In a matter of speaking. I see too many cars and truck roll into the shop with Duralast parts that have prematurely failed numerous times..that's why they are in the shop as they assume something else is wrong..and everytime the customer swears that the parts aren't to blame because they "have a lifetime warranty". I guess if you can make cheap parts and sell that at more than what they are worth then you can afford to back them with a lifetime warranty, after all sooner or later you will get lucky.