Dyno Day Results!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff C

Reaction score
Wayne and the Focus guys had a dyno day, so I made the 2hr trip up to hang out and finally dyno the ST. Here's the results. BTW, the exhaust is really f'n loud. I've never heard it from outside the truck before, but 117db from a good 5-6ft away, up by the front tire. Hopefully I'll have more pics and possibly some video later, but I have to wait for someone else to upload it.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there...It really was f 'n loud....I was sold on the Xcal after seeing Jeff run. Then we saw an '02 Lightning gain 16 horsepower in about 5 minutes!!!:blink: It was mean. Gettin mine soon!

-Griff

I spoke to Wayne on the Nextel and Jeff on the phone, Sounded like everyone had a great time, From what everyone is saying the dyno was tight and was showing Low numbers, I can see that happening, SO some one has to dyno in another spot to compare numbers.

Jeff you can see the stumble you are talking about, at 2700-3000 rpms, and it seems it never recovers, That was probably due to the tune you where running not being warmed up into the truck...

Next time get your tunes in early and drive the truck a little, I think you got easily 205-210 at the rear wheels...

Cool Deal !!!

Todd Z

Todd, I had been driving the 91octane tune for 2weeks before today so it'd be good to go. Then Wayne had to load a new tune cause it kept downshifting too early or something, so it didn't have time to relearn the tune. He had to make it stay in 3rd gear...

uhh, no S*&^ that is what I said, IT obvously hurt your numbers...

Todd Z

I know, but you said get your tunes in early like it's my fault, lol. I did what I was supposed to do, I didn't know that I needed a special tune to Dyno, something you could have told me.

You DON'T need a special tune, I did not run one... THE guy running the dyno just doesn't know how to get the truck into the proper gear, because the ST tranny ratios are :

5R55E (1)2.47 (2)1.87 (3)1.47 (4)1.00 (5)0.75

Your truck should have been locked into 4th not third...

SO since you where in 3rd, your HP number is going to be LOW and your torque is going to higher..

When we did mine, we just let it go from 3rd to fourth, then started recording data..

Todd Z

Ok, I found out from Wayne thats what SCT allows you to do with the flasher. So the st can only be locked into 3rd gear not 4th.

I blame the guy running the dyno...

Good numbers for a first try at it, I know you will see better when all is set up correctly.

Todd Z

Not too bad...We've got a dyno at work, and it's not loaded up like the one a dynolabs, by the sounds of it. With the brake off, you can spin the drum with very little effort, darn near one finger.

oH yeah...had a race-ready M3 (second one this week...must be a race coming up) come in...277 HP and 253 ft/lbs, on race gas.