E85 Flex Fuel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garry Moss

Reaction score
OK I ave an interesting question, I have a 2004 Sport Trac that is flex fuel, I have never put E85 in my vehicle, it now has just over 100,000 miles on it. I now have a station near me that sells E85, ummmm can I just fill it up? I am running a tune by Torrie on my SCT. Should I put it back to stock, can I leave a performance tune? Jst curious as the price of the fuels much less than what I pay for my Shell gas :0)

Is it 1/3 less in price? Is it provided by a top tier station like Shell?

Yeah, at only ~15% cheaper, you'd spend more money in the long run. It'd have to be about half price before I'd personally start considering it's use.

E85 contains less energy than regular gas, so regardless of what brand you buy your fuel economy will be less. E85 costs less but your mpg will be less too, so it ends up costing the same. But if your vehicle is certified for E85 there is nothing wrong with using it. I would recommend using a good fuel system cleaner regularly though. BG gets the ethanol deposits out pretty good and a can of that got rid of the stumble and CEL on my Trac.

Depends on the Tune - I wouldnt let it scare you at all - I have 50,000 on E85 running 500hp and a 12psi Blower - ZERO mechanical and I am still getting 14 when I am good - if I lost 33% it would be near 9%

loosing 1/3 would be taking your mpg of 16 and going for 10mpg - try it and see - If he can email you a tune to handle the 105 octane then you should be good to go

In my area - I am buying E85 for $2.99 per gallon

Don't let anyone scare you -

Latest posts