EBay K&N Knock Off Air Filter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Willey

Reaction score
It was delivered to me via FEDEX-Ground on Sunday and my neighbor and I installed yesterday. Pretty easy to do. We only experienced a couple of snags.

1) We could not pull, twist, or turn the factory vacum hose off the engine nipple. We ended up cutting it off.

2) We could not remove the factory air filter box. I guess we just aren't manly men. My question is does it need to come out? :blink:

you have to pull harder... and think abotu it... it doesnt matter if you break it, you are replacing it anyways... pull pull pull...

Just slide a screwdriver between the airbox and the metal mount and lift upward. It will come right up.......

Big D, My kids were watching Dora the Explorer when I read your post and she just happened to say "pull, pull, pull" when I read the last part of your post. I can't imagine you'd have the same voice of Dora but it sounded funny in my head!:lol:;)

I got to trying a crowbar on my airbox and ended up bending the inner fender lip. Airbox still didn't move though.

Airbox is a PITA, but it will come out eventually. Took me at least 20 minutes of tugging and pulling from all sides to get it out.

If you put a long strong screwdriver under the airbox and pull up sharply, it's fairly easy to pop the grommets off, then you can pry it off the side grommets.

...Rich

Spray the underside of the airbox where the grommets are with lubricant spray such as WD-40, then pull on the rightside of the airbox (face towards the winshield) it should pop off. I managed to pull mine off in about 5 minutes.