EBC or ThermoQuiet brakes?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Lovell

Reaction score
I am needing to replace the front pads and rotors in my ST and don't know what is the better way to go. 18 months ago I replaced the stock pads and rotors with EBC Greenstuff 7000 pads and EBC slotted and dimpled rotors. Just my luck the caliper pins seized and that investment is ruined. I know there are a lot of ST owners that are using the Wagner ThermoQuiet pads, but some of the reviews that I read say those pads start to squeal and make noises after a short while. So my question is do I $320 for EBC pads and rotors or $168 for ThermoQuiet pads and O'Reilly's rotors? Any input would be great, I really liked the EBC stuff but are they worth twice as much?

Thanks

Go for the stock rotors, but get a set of Performance Friction pads. Its an amazing combination. Bob

PS: I've got ThermoQuiet pads in there now. Will be switching to the PF pads soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for the stock rotors, but get a set of Performance Friction pads. Its an amazing combination

Ditto, my combo. I push it hard. Good street brakes. No heat fade and quiet. The dust is about the same as oem semi-metalic pads. I can deal with the dust. For excelent brakes, half or less, the cost of hy-po's.

O'rielys' sells the PF pads $80 to $90 front. I got mine for $40 new. From a member here.

Scuffed my oem rotors with this hone.

[Broken External Image]:

The EBC pads on my bike make a hell of a lot of noise for the first few applications each time, but they stop it like the anchor on the Titanic!

Latest posts