edelbrock shocks ias

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony brizag

Reaction score
i am wanting some better/stiffer shocks for the rear of my trac since its bagged now. does anyone have these shocks? so how is the difference. also any other good shock upgrades welcomed

I have had the Edelbrocks for about 50k miles, and they still seem to work really great. I did th eEE swaybar at the same time, so I can't be sure if it was just the shocks or the swaybar that made such a big difference....

I put in the ias in november and have about 9000 miles on them, I love them.

They made more of an improvement in handling than the sway bar, I put that in after the shocks, and the bar makes a difference in turning.

I've had Edelbrock IAS for about 12,000 mi now and they were absolutely fantastic along with the sway bar. They're starting to feel a bit rough (oscillation is dampened very well but sure feel them potholes in my tailbone) but I'm not sure its only psychsomatic after reading posts about their long term performance. Still much better than stock. I think I'd try Rancho RSX or the KYB's like Rodger just to be different next time.

ok, i dont have sway bars front or rear. and with my suspension set up i have no body roll at all due to the extreme rigidity in the rear 2 link. i just need something too keep the bouncy effect at a minimum do to the bags. not bouncy just kinda like wavy like a floating old car.

I had Edlebrock IAS shocks for a while, and just replaced them a couple of months ago with some KYB MonoMax's. They were a lot stiffer than the original shocks, and I got about 40k out of them.

Latest posts