Edelbrock Shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riyoku Delvey

Reaction score
I've pretty much decided on the Edelbrocks instead of the Ranchos, so does anyone know the model/parts number for the front and back Edelbrocks for an '02, 2x4 ST??

Forget about the Edelbrocks. Take it to heart. They wore out too fast. I had them on my Trac and after a year, they rode like hell. Pulled them off and put Monroe Reflex shocks on.

I sent the Edelbrocks back to the manufacturer and get them replaced free of charge. I oply had to pay shipping to Edelbrock. I got them back and put them on my brother 1999 Explorer. 1 year and they are junk. This time, we are sending thewm in to get replaced then putting them on eBay.

I do not recomend those shocks and if you decide to get them, do not let me find out they only lasted you a year because I told you so.

You have been warned, spend your money on something that will lst.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got over 50,000 miles on my Rancho RSX shocks and they are still like they were when I installed them. Monroe Reflex is same shock inside; has a metal rod cover while the Rancho uses a plastic accordian boot rod cover.

Tom, I recommend the Rancho RSX (even though I was told that the RSX are going to be discontinued) or Tokico TrekMaster R/T's because I had one of the Monroe Reflex on the rear go south on me in less than a year. I'm on Tokico TrekMaster R/T's all around and like them. Now if I can just find a way of stiffening the torsion bars w/o changing the height.

I've had the Rancho RSX shocks for almost 30k now. Got the ride "feel" to where I wanted, and it's been the same ever since. If you don't already have the EE X-Spec swaybar, doing that project in conjuction with the shocks is the way to go, since it's way easier to remove/install the swaybar without the shocks in the way.

Rancho RSX Shocks (Front: RSX17021, Rear: RSX17018)

Best time to buy Ranchos is when they have their "Buy 3 Get 1 Free" promotion which used to be around March/April. I got mine during that time from Sam's Off Road with free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mega-ditto on chucking the idea of getting the Edelbrocks ... had them on my 2001 Trac and hated them. I have Bilsteins on my '04 Trac and absolutely love them (had Bilsteins on my '95 Z-28 & they were great on that car too !) ... got the set on e-bay for $250 shipped ...

Edelbrocks ran like crap every winter, but sucked all around after a year. Not worth it for the price.

Went to Bilsteins and those things are always smooth.

Riyoku,

Don't forget to consider the Billsteins. They are one of the finest shocks out there.

Tom

Latest posts