EEEEEWW, I NEVER HEARD OF FIRE POLICE...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dre L

Reaction score
But they obviously have poor taste :lol: Just when I thought it couldn't be made any uglier.

[Broken External Image]:

More often then not the Fire Chief Will have a city vehicle and gets to drive it home. It has to do with him/her leaving from where ever they are to get tot he scene. They are not required to go to the station first like most others are. Many of them have their contracts written that way. They can not be paid unless they leave with the truck.

Seems to me, that if they can get their sooner than the truck they should. But.... what do I know???

Fire Police are big here in NY..

Todd Z

my chief and line officers in my EMS corps are allowed to take a "fly car" home as long as they remain in the town. but we have 2 explorers and an expedition!!! all ford where i work!

i have to post pictures for you guys on my newest projects...i installed a westin brush guard on our brand new F-550 ambulance and our new expedition Fly Truck....took me 3 hours a piece to do!!! but i know you guys will appreciate it!

We have Fire Police where I live. All the towns have volunteer fire depts. and the Fire Police are the folks who show up to block and/or direct traffic. They're sort of an auxiliery who get a special license plate and a flashing light to put on their rig.

Notice the nice rainbow stripe on the side...how appropriate. lol

edit: Noticed this is Post #7500 for me at this site. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, NelsonOKC,:eek: 7500 posts! Do you work?:lol: I'm pretty sure that you have helped a lot of people here at this site with that much to say! Keep up the advice and info, and make a little room for a few of us that have only half that much! Just kidding, :D.

Yeah, he had a peace officer logo on the tailgate and everything. At first I thought it was from some other state since this was spotted in Queens, and we have the whole FDNY thing and all, and then I see NY plates and "Fire Police" so I was like "WTF??"

At first I thought I couldn't get the camera in time, but then the light turned red at the next intersection. I snapped this from about 200ft away, through the back window, over my shoulder, nothing but net. It was ugly all around, trust me.

Back in the early 80's there were a lot of cities here in Texas that combined police and fire as a cost saving measure. I don't think there are any left. The Texas Fire Commission finally put a halt to it. They figured out the fire side was getting the short end of the stick in most cases. Since the "officers" were spending most of their time out on patrol duties, there was an inevitable response time loss when responding to fire and medical emergenies. They might as well just have volunteers.

[Broken External Image]: