Electric mirrors not working???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Shirley

Reaction score
My electric mirror adjustment thing isn't working right. It will go down, but not left, right, or up. If you push the switch to the left...the mirror goes down. To the right...it goes down. Push it up, and nothing happens. What's wrong with it? I took it to the crappy dealorship here and they wanted to charge me between $50-$200 to check it out. Any ideas on where to start without throwing away $$$? P.S. NEVER GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY!!! It covers absolutely NOTHING except the stuff that doesn't break.

If you consider yourself handy then take the switch apart and clean the corrosion off of the switch contacts. That's what I did for ours. Same labor as replacing it and another 15 minutes to dissasemble and clean the contacts...

Mark

How do you remove it? The same thing is happening to mine. Do you just jam a screwdriver between it and the door panel and it pops out?

My mirror was covered under the ESP, replaced switch. Total charge on invoice was $90 for parts and labor.