Enclosure Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Brown

Reaction score
I have two tens that require .7 cubic ft per chamber and im looking at buying a box that has .6 cubic ft per chamber can anyone tell me how much this will effect the sound and life of my subs...

It will make the resonant frequency of the subs a little higher, so the bass might sound a little "boomy" Some people like the sound, it just depends. With that small of a difference I wouldn't worry too much, and 1 lb of polyfill in the box should be enough to trick the subs into thinking they are in the correct size.

It won't effect the life of the subs at all.

We have a site sponsor, Hatchbox, that will be cheaper than the site you linked to. $160 SHIPPED! Check it out (linked below):

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind, you could also build one and save some cash (anything helps right now). I built one for under the seat @ approx. .99 cu ft. Good thing is it only cost me $18 and it sounds great for one 10"

Building one is cheaper and I think you can scrounge up some more space if you make the box a little wider and a bit taller.

I dealt with that soundoffaudio company before and they suck. Extremely rude. They wouldn't give me the actual dimensions after asking 6 times over the course of a month.

thanks for the input guys im currently in iraq so i cant really build one. i do have a question with the box that goes behind the seat does the subs hitting the back of the seat make alot of noise?

You absolutely don't want them hitting the back of the seat. They will sound like crap and you will damage them in short order.

You can get a grill put over them but it must take into account the excersion of the cone or you'll have the same problem.

You need a deeper box with a counter sunk rim in order to gain the excersion room. You can router out the back of the rear inside wall (the wall the magnet faces). That could help you significantly.

I'd do all of the above.

Once again, you do not want your cones touching anything.