Engine check light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Jones 4

Reaction score
I have an 02 with 29,600 miles on it. I just notice right at the turn of 29,6 miles that my engine check light came on. Is this a standard light comes on around the 30k for the "scheduled" maintence? Nothing has been wrong with the truck, haven't had any problems. I can't find my manual so I figured I'd post up here and find out.

Thanks,

Dave

No, it is not a maintenance light nor mileage controlled.

Get to Autozone and let them scan it for free. Get the code and post the code here.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING BEFORE POSTING HERE...

We have seen just about everything there is with the Tracs. No one has more knowledge than this site.

Trust me on this. Just ask the hundreds that have replaced their O2 sensors for hundreds of dollars when it was a $5.00 hose that failed.....

Thanks Coastie..i was definitly going to post up on here first.

I don't have an autozone but I do have a Checkers, would that work? I'm hoping it's just a 5 dollar hose.

Guys, I havew that CEL also. I located the "elbow" hose, but want to knoew if it just pulls off? I don't think I noticed clamps holding it, but I could be wrong about that! What is the name for this hose piece? Does any auto parts place have it? What is the inside/ouutside diameter of this hose? Thanks for your help, and LOL to all !

It comes as a crankcase tube assembly. The elbow is made onto it. 1L5Z 6758 AA 29.48 retail.

Not available from general auto parts store. However, MANY have taken their hose in and bought an item close to it for much less money...

BTW, Coastiejoe, I bought that elbow hose from a local Ford dealer here in the Dallas area, and it cost me $14.00. And.... when I first went in and asked them about it they were like ????. Then a parts person came out and looked at it and went ....hmmm, oh yeah that's a "thing-a-majig" for a "whatcha-ma-callit"! I could not find the exact one anywhere I looked, even at Pep Boys or NAPA. And Coastie, I had trouble getting it to come loose from the larger end when I pulled it, it would not come right off, so I left it alone for now. Is it okay o cut the hose to release it? Please reply asap!

BTW, Coastiejoe, I bought that elbow hose from a local Ford dealer here in the Dallas area, and it cost me $14.00. And.... when I first went in and asked them about it they were like ????. Then a parts person came out and looked at it and went ....hmmm, oh yeah that's a "thing-a-majig" for a "whatcha-ma-callit"! The "elbow" hose I got from the dealer has a part #: F8UZ 6762 AA. I could not find the exact one anywhere I looked, even at Pep Boys or NAPA. And Coastie, I had trouble getting it to come loose from the larger end when I pulled it, it would not come right off, so I left it alone for now. Is it okay o cut the hose to release it? Please reply asap!

BTW, Coastiejoe, I bought that elbow hose from a local Ford dealer here in the Dallas area, and it cost me $14.00. And.... when I first went in and asked them about it they were like ????. Then a parts person came out and looked at it and went ....hmmm, oh yeah that's a "thing-a-majig" for a "whatcha-ma-callit"! The "elbow" hose I got from the dealer has a part #: F8UZ 6762 AA. I could not find the exact one anywhere I looked, even at Pep Boys or NAPA. And Coastie, I had trouble getting it to come loose from the larger end when I pulled it, it would not come right off, so I left it alone for now. Is it okay o cut the hose to release it? Please reply asap!

OOPS! Sorry about the triple posts guys, I have three left index fingers!Actually it did not appear to post the first or second time! LOL!