Engine replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Blesi

Reaction score
My 4.0 cratered at 230,000 miles after the timing chain had enough. I replaced it with complete motor from Promar Engines. I rate the people at Promar and their product as AAA+, I have just over 50k on the Promar engine not one problem. They also added an oilier rail atop the valves and balanced the crank.

http://www.promarengine.com/index.php

That is good to know- $2500 for a V6 long block. My '10 is at 132000 miles and I'm worried for the day something goes on it. She's well maintained and like new inside and out except for the drive train. I'd rather replace the engine for $2500 then buy a full size truck.

Hey guys I just blew my water pump going down the interstate. result...water blowing out exhaust, water in crank case blown head gasket. prob warped head.

never had any issues with this truck b4. has 195k on it and i pull trailers with loads. debating if I should take this thing to the scrap yard or put one of these motors in it.

anyone else know anything about these guys? what should it cost to have one of these things put in and by who...ford dealer??? site says warranty to autherized technician.

Thanks

Po-man out!

As far as national engine suppliers go I only use one company...Jasper. They are more than likely going to be a bit more expensive than most but you get what you pay for.

Don't scrap the thing... I'll take it off your hands blowed motor n all... Btw, new member here looking to buy my first sprt trac... Lovem.. Completely upgradable toy with kid hauling grocery getting capabilities.... Muuuust Haaave..!!!! Lol No scrap- baad person, no scrap sport trac. :smack::banana:

Don't scrap the thing... I'll take it off your hands blowed motor n all... Btw, new member here looking to buy my first sprt trac... Lovem.. Completely upgradable toy with kid hauling grocery getting capabilities.... Muuuust Haaave..!!!! Lol No scrap- baad person, no scrap sport trac. :smack::banana:

The #1 thing you need to make sure of is what the warranty is! TRUST ME! I am living a nightmare right now for not doing so. If they put a cap on the labor, RUN! If they put a cap on anything, RUN!!!!!! :banghead:

Latest posts