Engine Vent Tube

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csamuels

Reaction score
Question about the vent air tube..I have a 2002 (production date 10/2001) ST. The vent tube, part number 1L5Z-6853-BA (see diagram below) fits the hose coming from the engine, but the opening in the air hose from the MAF senor to the throttle body is larger in diameter and the tube does not seal. This had not been much of a problem in the past, but now that the truck has 289,000 miles, I am beginning to get some blow back and oil is showing up on the overflow tank. Does anyone know if the original tube had a larger end, and the replacement tube is a superseded part????

Checking with my FORD parts guy the tube is the same part number as the one for a 02 ranger 4.0, but the air hose is a different part number.

We have a 02 Ranger in our shop, and the air hose is in fact smaller where the tube pugs in.

I compared my air hose to the 02 Ranger tube and they appear the same length and opening sizes on each end.

I may have to make a part swap tomorrow to see if I should order the Ranger air hose to cure my problem..

Anyone else ran across this??????

[Broken External Image]:

I don't know if the hose is updated or not ? How loose is the connection between the 2? Are you trying to say that you have engine oil in the coolant overflow tank?? If so you need alot more than a breather hose