European Meet in Poland (Back on)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
Looking for a place for next year's summer vacation? How about Poland? Poland doesn't require a Visa for stays up to 90 days as a tourist, so if you have a passport, you are ready to go.

There are not many STs here, but what really matters is that there are people who love STs around the World. If you love STs and want to meet with others who share your passion, then come join me in Poland for a few days in August. The weather is fine here this time of year, with temps in the 70s and 80s, and normally no rain.

There are many things to see here. I suggest we meet in Torun, the birthplace of Copernicus. It is about 30 minutes from where I live and I can arrange a guided tour and lodging for anyone interested. It is one of the most beautiful cities in Poland. Poland has wonderful food and beer. They also produce some of the best Vodka in the World. Torun is also famous for its gingerbread, which is called Perniki in Polish. The people are very friendly, and in towns like Torun and Cracow it is not hard to find someone who speaks English.

While you are here, I suggest you take a few extra days and travel to Cracow. It is one of the great cities of Europe and easily reached by train from Torun or Warsaw. In Cracow you can tour the main historic sites of the city on foot, since everything is concentrated in the city centre. From the major hotels, you can also arrange a tour to Auscwitz or the famous salt mines, which are only 30 minutes away.

If anyone is interested, I can give further details. I have a lot of time to plan this, so if you want to make this a big event, I have the time and motivation to make this a great trip. I hope to see you this summer! :cool:

Photos of Torun can be found here: http://picasaweb.google.com/NelsonOKC/Torun

Last edited by a moderator:
lol oh I would definately come to your meet there IF I wasn't afraid to travel overseas! :) I hope you get all the ST owners you've seen or met to come to it! :) Did you take some cards with you when you moved there? :)

Doesn't seem right to go to a "meet" without your Trac, but thanks for the offer anyway.

I used to travel for business, never got the chance to go to Poland though....your pix of the area look like someplace I'd enjoy seeing.

Also seem a little odd to me that you now decide to do this around the same time there is going to be a national Louisville meet ???

Desert, I own 2 ST's And may only bring 1 to louisville.... It will be weird I am sure, But we are still going to meets for 1 reason, the ST, Whether yours is there OR not, you still can enjoy the people and the other trucks..

Todd Z

Todd......

I would have loved to attend the Louisville meet and meet y'all and tour the place that made my Trac.....work and lack of funds is the only thing stopping me from attending. :(

Take lot's of Pix so those of us that can't attend will still get to see what it was like.

Due to the fact that the average person took off a week to go to the L'ville meet, I know I get some more vacation time then that, but It will be spent after Louisville...

Thats the same reason we decided to the the national meets every 2 years, SO people still had some time to do other things...

So now if they want to go to Poland you are simply ( i feel) doing this on purpose to try to hurt the Louisville meet...

Sorry, but it is to coincidental to me...

Todd Z

Todd, do you really think a lot of folks will come here? It is a long trip and probably only people retired with nothing to do in the summer would even consider a trip like this. There are also some military folks here who could actually bring their STs here from the surrounding countries, but couldn't do so in Louisville. July and August are the only two months where I can pretty much guarantee it won't be cold here, so August is about as far as I can stray from June.

If you want me to not plan something, because you think it might hurt your meet I will not pursue this, but really I think your concerns are unfounded. My intent isn't to discourage folks from coming to your meet in Louisville any more than the other meets held around the US. I just thought it would be nice to make this offer for folks, since this is a nice country and there aren't too many chances for folks to have an American tour guide here.

Just say the word though, Todd and I will nix this idea. I don't want to be a trouble-maker.

So now if they want to go to Poland you are simply ( i feel) doing this on purpose to try to hurt the Louisville meet...

Todd, WTH? Are you really that thin skinned?

If I were on the East coast and had to choose between Flying to Poland($1,400) or driving to Kentucky($600), well of course, I'd go to Poland!!!:wacko:

GM,

I believe there are only two STs here in the local area. I saw one in my neighborhood twice. I doubt we could get more than one or two actual STs here, but if we can get some enthusiasts interested in seeing this part of the World, it would be a nice time.

Plans haven't begun and no one has expressed an interest yet, so this is only an idea at this point. I'll wait on Todd's reply.

I checked for RT tickets from O'Hare to Warsaw, and they are under $1200. A train from there is around $25 each way, and it is the best way to travel around the country. Prices will be less closer to the dates in August. You also have the option of flying into London and taking a separate flight straight into Bydgoszcz for around $30 each way on Ryan Air. This is not a quick weekend trip like a visit to Louisville, it is at least a one-week trip, and once you arrive, the costs for food and lodging are much less than typical vacation destinations.

Todd, WTH? Are you really that thin skinned?

Tracket,

No But with the way things are going here lately It seems that certain people are trying push us out and discredit everything we do...., I don't know what to think or expect an more..

Nelson Is welcome to plan, or any one for that matter, a Sport Trac meet, Thats the fun about the site, But it only came about after a thread where he claims Louisville will fail and the site will Be gone in a year...

Sorry If I am reading between the lines, But thats the way it seems to me..

Todd Z

Todd,

This is very similar to Tom (Caymen's) offer to let people park their RVs in his front yard. I will set up some things to do for folks, but I won't be asking anyone to send any goodies or ask for sponsorship or anything like that. Luggage restrictions are tight anyway, so no one will have room to carry anything back with them, except a few souvenirs they may pick up.

I am sorry you think I am trying to undermine things here. As I said before, I just wanted to generate more enthusiasm. I'm doing my part by making this offer.

This is the only time I plan to comment on this subject.....

First, I took NelsonOKC's offer more as a light offer to have a meet in Poland. Some folks may actually take him up on the offer but most "commom folk" don't have the bucks or vacation time to go to Poland. Most folks have to think twice about going to Louisville. I live in Ohio, that is why I'm planning to go. If it were in California, I definately wouldn't go mainly due to vacation time and funds.

When I used to sponsor Fiero shows, I attended those in Columbus, Louisville and Fiero's at Carlisle in PA. That is all I could swing. Some folks can make these meets, others can't. That's life....

As far as "asking anyone to send any goodies or ask for sponsorship " that is the nature of shows so you can award prizes to winners of whatever judging is going on?? I always had to supply a certain amount of goodies to be considered a sponsor. Websites don't run themselves and aren't free to have hosted. I have some experience(not on the scale of this ST site) and I really wouldn't want to run a site!!

I think this ST website is a great thing and I think it is run pretty well. For some reason, since the site changed ownership, it has taken a turn... If I were a new ST owner and just looking at the site, I would wonder WTF is going on here. I have been on the site a little over the year and I still like it but to some, this is a political forum, a debate forum, an agitation forum and one where some only post OT subject and seem to like to discuss anything but the ST!! Most who have been on here a lot longer will know what the issue might be....I don't know. Maybe it's jealousy or thin-skin on someones part ...I don't know you all that well!

If the site goes away, I will surely miss the good information and THERE IS A LOT OF GOOD INFORMATION and GOOD INTENTIONS. If it goes away, I will still go about may life as before.

Whatever, i don't like to get into ongoing, heated discussions but....something needs to be done about the BS that's happening recently. Like a famous man once said "Nip it....Nip it in the bud!!" I'm not interested in taking sides, these are just my observations! like I say, "if every one met each other halfway, there would be no issues". Maybe everyone needs to cut each other a little slack around here. GM seems to have a clear focus of what the real deal is about....IMO!

I hope to see some of you at the Louisville meet and for those that want to go to Poland....have funn, I wish I could afford to also!

Enjoy your lives,

Gary G
:blink:

BTW...I felt the need to edit my spelling so no one posts about how I mis-spelled some words in my comments! Yes...it's sad but true! Hope I didn't miss any:cool:

Nelson, Iam hoping to make the national meet. Other than that if I was planing a trip to Europe, I appreciate the offer. It is always nice to have someone to show you around places you dont know,;) My great grandparents(moms side) came from Poland. He went awol from the Kiasers army To the USA, WW1

I think that is great Nelson. I don't think you would have anyone traveling overseas just for the meet. I don't know what countries you can get the ST in, but they need their own meets. I under stand that those that have a long drive to Lousiville have to make it their vacation for the year. I have already planning to go to Louisville. Good luck Nelson