exhaust info

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Adkins

Reaction score
I'm tryin to decide on what exhaust system to install on my 2001 ST. I want a great sound outside but want it reasonably quiet inside. What are some of you folks opinions to get what I want out of this 4.0 V6?

I had a 2001 on which I put a Flowmaster 50 SUV series with 1 inlet, 2 outlets. It was reasonably quiet inside and had a nice snarl under acceleration..........doug

I have the magnaflow cat back, all stainless. Single out, dumps at the stock location. It has a nice growl on throtle up, but no droning in the cab at cruise...

ALSO I stress, MOUNT the muffler as far back to the rear axle as you can, this will eliminate more of that cabin droan..

I have a suv50 Flowmaster 3 inch in and 2.5 out.. You can go 2.25 in and 2 or 2.25 out and have a great sound and no cabin noise...

Once I started removing the cats and with the larger pipe It is louder, But the cab is still quiet..

Todd Z

Areo Turbine exhaust system. Single pipe out of the back with a 2.5" custom chrome tail pipe. Love the system and got GREAT preformance gains from it. I do agree with Todd Z though, if you get any system, get them to the muffler AS FAR BACK as you POSSIBLY can so that you don't get cabin noise. Mine is about mid body, and I do have some resonation, but I actualy have gotten used to it and kinda like it. ;)

Check pics if you want to see it.

~Josh