Exhaust pricing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am waiting on wayne's Xcal II should be here next week. Anyway went out and priced a dual flowmaster 40 series. Shop said it would run me around 450 with tax installed. That include 3 inch chrome tips. As I am very green to adding mods is this price right or should I shop around more? Also was woundering if adding this will really boost my car performance. The only performance mod I haved done to date is the K & N Air Intake and as I stated I am waiting on my Xcal II. Whats your thoughts? Plus is there anything special I need to suggest to the shop in regards to the installations. I would like the tips to recead about even with the inside of the rear bumper...can use some help here...

thanks...:unsure:

I'd say around 300-350...Thats what I got mine for (flowmaster 40 series)and there were a lot of bends , it is a side exhaust though...Maybe thats why it's cheaper.I've also got Magnaflow tips. I'd shop around no matter what. Never bite your first bait. At least if you shop around you won't wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask them what the price would be if you supplied the tips and muffler, 450 is ok, but many have gotten it cheaper...

Todd Z

I paid a total of about 350 for my exhaust system. (Parts and install for Areo turbine) Love it so far, but I just got it on today too. Lol. It's a single pipe, so I don't know if you'd be intrested in that or not. But if your looking for the dual exhaust then stick with flowmaster.

Any recommendations on a good reliable shop in Southern NJ. The 450 seems high to me also. The muffler is only like 120, tips 75 so thats like 255 for pips and labor. Really can use some help here. Also if you have pics of how it should look when done right I would like to see them.:unsure:

That does not sound to high, about what I paid for mine done at a local midas. I had 2 inch chrome tips coming straight out the back, so they had to do a little more than just replace at the factory mounted location. I also shopped around for a couple months both on the internet and at local exhaust shops, and they came out with the best price for the application I wanted. Took 'em about 4 - 5 hours to do it. And I appreciated the time they took to do it right, even consulted with me on how exactly I wanted it! Had I supplied my own parts they would have charged just for labor, I chose to have them order everything because their prices were no different than what I had seen while doing my research.

D-

I got mine installed yesterday for $300, 40 series flowmaster single in/ dual out with 3" tips. mine is coming out the back, I was wanting them turned down at an angle behind the rear tires but the guy at the muffler shop could not figure it out because of the leaf springs.

Turned down - full size 16 inch OEM spare. Pipes are OUTSIDE the leafs. Paid 390, FM40, two 16 inch tips, pipes and labor. Have solid hangers - old ST had "soft" hangers and passenger side would hit leaf spring as the suspension compressed and the pipe bounced.

grump

[Broken External Image]:

Well today I decided to go for it. I had them install flowmaster delta 40 series muffler 2.5 in and 2.25 out with 3 in magnaflow tip. I paid the 450 with tax installed. Might be high but this shop seemed like the most compatent in he area. Sounded great coming home. Will do a closer inspection tommorow. Thanks for everyones input.:cool: