exhaust question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Morales

Reaction score
hey everyone, I'm new to the site. I want to do the exhaust on my 01. I did a search on the site and read up on some pst but I am still alittle undecided on what to do? Do i need to leave all those cats in the system and just add the muffler and a high flow cat or should I just eliminate a couple of the cats or what?

Mike, First what are the LAWS in your state about cats???

For best performance you do need some cats on the truck...

You can get the y-pipe which removes the front 2 cats, and then replace the back 2 cats with 1 high flow... Depending which muffler and dual or single exhaust you get it can be real loud or have a happy medium...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Single 2.5" in dual 2" out Flowmaster 40 delta series. Eliminated last cat. 2 12" Stainless Steel slant-cut tips. Sounds nice and mean and dosen't loose any power, actually gained some.

Big D. I know there is no issue with the sensors with the y-pipe, Do not know with the single cat. I have the xcal and the 02's are shut off..;)

Todd Z

Thanks Todd, that was kinda the setup I was thinking about. How do I go about turning off the back o2's so I don't trigger my check engine light?

Mike only way IS getting a XCal2 or chip to do this... Can run 200-400 bucks, But the XCal2 gives you performance gains also..

Todd Z