exhaust questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Endrizzi

Reaction score
Ok so it seems i might be getting a bodylift for my birthday, but i want to change the exhaust..

originally i wanted a magnaflow kit, but if i get a BL it might hang down too low,, anyone have pics with a BL and magnaflow?

the other option is to wait until i get the bodylift, then get a custom exhaust bent up.

either way, i would like to do something until then... anyone ever replace the stock muffler with a cherrybomb? i know it can sound ricy, but how would it sound with the stock resonator aswell? otherwise maybe i will just throw on some other cheap muffler. i just want more sound... I hate stock!

suggestions?

id just get the custom exhuast done...

and i got the cherry bomb extreme single chamber... it sounds good!

just complaints bout it being loud but everyone likes it

just buy a flowmaster or magnaflow muffler online. just like a flowmaster 50 series SUV would set you back $120 on summit and a 40 series would cost you $75. then just remove the stock muffler and put the new one in place.

another option that is free, which alot of other owners on here would probably disagree with me but you could unbolt the exhaust behind the cat. it sounds good at idle but when you drive its loud and it does have a ricey tone to it but you could always try it and see if you like the sound. just look out for prick cops.

kyle

Last edited by a moderator:
For $50 I'll ship you the Magnaflow I took off my truck a few weeks ago. You can take it to a shop and have it welded in place of the stock muffler pretty easily.

Ya the first thong I ever did to my exhaust was a cherry bomb glasspack in place of the muffler and it wasn't bad... But then I got custom duels from it later and it was bad ass, then I had 2 more set ups and I'm happy with a flowmaster 40 duels....:D good luck! Oh and my buddy with a body lifted ranger has my same setup and it looks fine!

Latest posts