Exhaust suggestions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike S 2

Reaction score
So I am a fairly new owner of a 2002 Trac, and I been in love with it since the day I pulled off the lot. So far I have installed a cold air intake, and I am now looking into cat-back systems. I want to keep the stock apperance, with an added growl. I also dont want too much cabin drone. I have been looking at the Gibson system and the Magnaflow system because I have read that it doesnt have too much cabin noise........Anyways I am looking to the experts and fans on this fourm for any suggestions. I also am working with a budget between 200-400.

I have the magnaflow catback....nice growl on throtle up, no drone in the cab at cruise...well made, good fit and all stainless steel...;)

Also welcome to the website, good info here, good people....:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Man I had the same problem as you when I first got my trac because I didn't want my parents to notice the extar noise. SO here is what you do I put on a Flowmaster 50 series single in single out and just hooked that up to the factory pipes. This will not be loud because the trac has a resonator weld into the exhaust system. SO as long as all you do is cut off the old muffler and add the Flowmaster one you will not gain any really noticeable cabin noise ( I promise) and as an added benefit you can get a flowmaster cheaper than the other two. In my opinion (according to the exhaust sound project on the projects page my stock pipes with the flowmaster have more of a growl at idle, and cruise than the other two) This is just my two cents worth man, but I know from experience that the flowmaster is good. Also if you want to stay with the flowmaster and they have an SUV series which has the growl with almosr no cabin noise.

-Brandon

whats up mike and welcome also...i have had my dynomax cat-back exhaust for about 3 months now and i love it...it will give u the sounds you want and is bent the same way as stock like you wanted...$268 in my hands for a great exhaust...all around my area people choose dynomax for power increase and reliability...flowmasters are a little louder but the dynomax deffinatly gives a nice mellow roar...do some homework and talk to some people!!

Welcome to ST'aholics, Mike. I chose a FM 70 series big block single in duel 2" out, because I too wanted to keep it as quiet as possible. I got exactly the sound I was looking for. I went with the duel out because I like the balanced look, and to give more flow out w/o increasing noise to much. Keep on Trac'n.:D

I have Flowmaster 40 series with dual turndowns and I can't hear myself think in between 2 and 3 RPM.