Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Caler

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a dual exhaust for the Sport Trac or if it's worth it, and if not what is the best aftermarket exhaust for it?

Lot's of options. Only one Dual kit that I know of made by Heartthrob and sold through JC Whitney. Lot's of other options for single exit cat backs (gibson, magnaflow, borla and others). Or you can get custom via and exhaust shop. Does it make a performance difference? No. But it does make a difference in appearence and tone/eshaust note. Not all shops can/will do a dual on the trac so look around, and some ask way too much to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Broken External Image]:

Had mine done custom, flowmaster duals with magna flow tips. To me it was well worth it. If you've got any questions let me know.

When I wanted to change to dual exhaust, I asked Ford Racing as well as muffler shops. I got some real good info, including some from our illustrius Todd Z. Bottom line from Ford Racing was that I could put true duals on it, but that would compromise the cat set up and possibly destroy the bottom end. One muffler shop said it was the thing to do, and another more honest one said I wouldn't gain anything with a stock 244 cid and that increasing the pipe from the last cat (the one without all the hook ups) from 21/4 to 21/2 or MAYBE 3". Todd helped me out and warned me that the inital bottom end may be affected. Here's what I did: I figured that I use my ST for occasional heavy hauling, long trips and heavy loads in the bed. The last thing I need is to sound like I'm cruising at 90 mph while pulling something in 1st gear. I eliminated the last cat, (that was one of Todds helpful ideas for me), kept the stock exhaust pipe size, eliminated the resonator and replaced the muffler with a magnaflow. That's all I need. I will eventually replace the some parts when I keep it strictly street, but that's much later.

Ed

i have the dynomax exhaust kit on my 01 S/T and i absolutly love it...268.00...well worth it, i had arrangments for dual flows, but honestly i think its more looks...the dynomax gives the S/T good sound 2k-35k rpm. i felt a huge diff. believe it or not... the kit is nice and simple, easy to put on with a helping hand and the right tools..the flowmasters are nice dont get me wrong, but you will get more power from the dynomax in my opinion. check into dynomax man..cant go wrong for 268.00!!! it also depends on what you want, sound or performance..i know some members have the gibson single and like it, but from other friends experiences i didnt bother looking..good luck

i just bougth a flowmaster super 40 but have not put it on, i will get it on this weekend and tell you what i think about it.

Latest posts