Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone installed JBA headers? I'm trying to decide how much exhaust is worth it? I'm for sure doing cat back and possibly cats also. I do not want a loud exhaust, I just want to let the trac breath.

I don't have headers but I do have an aftermarket cat system which increased HP and Torque. The sound is much better. I would think if you did do the headers you would want to change the exhaust and maybe even the cat so that the header is doing what it is designed to do. Otherwise, header and stock cat and exhaust are probably restricting the header.

The headers are more a stage 3 mod... (last things)...

The stock ST header is a high flowing header already, so you get some sound and slight HP.. probably HP at best...

Consider Intakes and Throttle body mods as well... If you cant get it IN, and only out, it will not work properly..

Todd Z

Thanks Todd! I'm going to order the mac intake and mass air but I'm just trying to decide what exhaust to put on. Is it worth changing the cats and who is the best manufacturer?