Factory Amp?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Davis

Reaction score
Does anyone know or have a way to find out if this head unit is ready for a factory amp. I would also if possible and if it is amp ready like to know the part number for the amp and the wiring harness if one is needed. Thank you.

[Broken External Image]:

ME,

Here is the link to KP's Project in the projects section. This should help you out.

AS far as the radio goes, it should, BUT you have to remove it and look at the back of the radio and confirm if it has the spots on the back with the pins ( 2 are used ) ( 1 for the sub)

IT may still have the 3 plugs, but the sub one may be missing the pins..

http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/FactorySub/Factory-Sub-Project.htm

Todd Z

Thanks Todd, that is almost what I am looking for. One question, does the amp that comes with the subwoofer package only amp the sub or does it also supply amped power to the door speakers? I am looking for a factory amp that will only supply power to my new door speakers. Is it possible they don't have a factory application for what i am trying to do? Thanks for everyones help. I know people are going to suggest go aftermarket but I am trying to stay factory on this for various reasons.

The amp ONLY supplies power to the sub speaker...Not the doors..

Any local stereo shop should install a door speaker amp for a good price...You can do it your self It is not too hard, And you can use the high inputs on the amp and not need the high to low converter, But the RCA ( high to low converter) is the best way to go...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
I do plan on doing it myself however I am looking for the factory amp that will plug right into the back of the head unit or into the factory wiring harness. There are several Ford factory amps available on Ebay some made by JBL, most brand new and I would like to find one of these for my ST.

Thanks

Latest posts