Factory Radio Removed - CD Inside

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe B 4

Reaction score
Well as the message says, I have removed my factory stereo in my '07 and found out my daughter had placed one of my CD's inside. I checked it the night before but not immediatly before the removal as I should have, never knew she was in my truck. Anyways, any one know which of the pins on the back of the radio I need to ground and power just to get the CD out or another easy and safe way to do this? I do not want to take apart the dash just to power her up, but will if necessary.

Photo will help

Thanks in advance!

Any takers on this challenge? By the way, it is the single CD player not the 6 disc version. Their has got to be an easier way than the dash removal. Appreciate your time and knowledge folks.

Pull up a picture of the reverse wiring harness for it, and then look on the harness for the red, yellow, and black wires on it to determine the position.

Yep, that is what I have been searching for with no luck. I think I found the pin allocations here though:

http://www.p71interceptor.com/radio/

I tried it right now with a 9v but no luck, think it needs the 12v power so will try it tomorrow night. Thanks for your help and hope this link helps someone in the future.

Plus, if the 9-vols you used was a little 9-volt battery, you may not have enough amps pushing the power for the mechanical parts to operate within the radio.

I know I have a wire harness schematic within my library but I believe it is for the 6-pack radio. That said, I am sure the pattern is the same as I did the swap from a single to the 6-pack radio and it plugged right in and worked fine...

I found this...just don't know how accurate...it doesn't have the pins, but has the harnass wire colors, so if you have a harnass handy you can probably see which pins go to which wires:

Constant 12V+ Green/Purple

Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black

Ground Black/Light Green

Illumination Light Blue/Red

Dimmer n/a

Amplifier Remote Blue

Antenna Right Front

Front Speakers 5" x 7" Doors

Left Front (+) Orange/Light Green

Left Front (-) Light Blue/White

Right Front (+) White/Light Green

Right Front (-) Dark Green/Orange