Factory sub not working after stereo installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fuse position is #4 I am going to check that fuse and see if it works sorry about the delay I work 3rds and only have Friday off

This is why I just ran my own wires and wired myself.... Forget the factory crap.... LOL

Update replaced fuse did not fix I may have it wired incorrectly from my JVC stereo to the wiring harness any ideas what color wires need to be connect to what from the connector with only four wires that go to the factory wire harness

Update today watched a video and spliced a few wires and rca cables got power to the sub but I think the sub is blown when I turn on my truck it makes a pop noise so I disconnected the power to it anyone know if that means it’s blown

No, the OEM amp works on a 5V turn on signal..... the aftermarket radio sends 12V, causing it to pop..... it will damage the amp, you need to install a no pop resister...….

This reply keeps being erased before I can post! not good! Anyway sorry for the slow response, life‘s been about crazy lately. If your still playing with the factory amp behind the rear seat, here is what I did today. On my 02 and 05 ST, on the fuse panel it has a dedicated rear amp on the 05 its fuse 04, on the 02 it’s 13. Fuse 13 was empty, but the power side was factory hooked up…so I just plugged the power wire from the rear amp directly to this fuse and cut and pasted my old pin into the empty side of fuse 13. Then installed the “recommended” 15 Amp fuse to the empty slot. Haven’t checked it yet but it should work. I plan to try it tomorrow before finishing the hookup of the rear backup camera. I’ll let you know how it goes.

2002 ST 2x4 Fuse Wiring.jpg
I just found this for a 2001 (So they claim)?View attachment 1302
your chart looks different from the 2002! (I ran into 3 different ones claiming to be for my 02, luckily I found the manual that came with my ST). Look on the back of the fuse box and see if (Re-Edit from previous post), fuse 04 (Top Right), is empty and has a thick brown wire connected to one side of that fuse. If it is like this, it might be like the 02? That's where the amp was hooked with a 15Amp fuse.

Last edited:

Latest posts