Faulty Sirius on Gen2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Jones

Reaction score
I listen to mostly Sirius and this morning I got nothing. I switch to FM back to SAT and still nothing. Finally I have to toggle through SAT1, SAT2, SAT3 and SYNC before the SAT1 produces sound. I turn the vehicle off and the problem returns with the only fix being to toggle past SYNC. Anyone experience anything similar? Is it in the head unit or the Sirius adder?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Sirius cuts out sporadically but it normally comes back on itself. It is not normally for a long time, only once or twice I had to shut off the car and start it again and it started up. Definitely annoying.

I lose the signal now and then when traveling in heavily forested areas but it comes right back. I have never experienced what you described. My only issue is that sometimes the steering wheel volume control changes channels. Go figure. It has happened often enough that I know I am not pushing the wrong button. :banghead:

blksn8k, mine does that all the time to the point where I rarely use the steering wheel controls any more. It is still acting up. I'll probably spend the weekend tracing the wires to see if something has changed. If not, I'll just cancel my Sirius until I replace the component pieces.

I worked with a guy named Ron Bourdon at the company that actually did the engineering for the SYNC and Satellite for Ford. He called me personally and gave me some tips on getting my radio wot work properly. I did a 'MASTER RESET' on the SYNC and it worked fine. I did have to re-setup bluetooth for the phones and iPod, but other than that, it wasn't a hassle at all. :driving:

Again Ron, THANK YOU!!! I said I'd sing your praises all over this post and I'm doing just that. :supercool::banana:

Ron said that it's more than okay to contact him via email in order to get some help on any of your SYNC or radio questions surrounding your ST. He's more than willing to help with whatever knowledge and expertise he can pass on.

:driving:Ron's response to me and email along with some website info are below (I hope it's okay to post this. If not, edit away.)

I just thought of something. There is a web site www.syncmyride.com that lets you download the latest software into a USB. I would only do that if resetting does not work.

Ron

UR_Corp_rgb

:eek:nline:RONALD BOURDON

Sales/Technical Support

[email protected]

www.unitedradio.com

Direct: 315.446.5570 Ext 3553

Direct: 1-800-448-0944

Fax: 315.446.2434

5705 Enterprise Parkway

E. Syracuse, NY 13057

I have an issue where I sometimes look the signal. Do you think the master reset will help me?

If I do it will I lose any of my address book locations for the navigation? Or the radio presets (not that that is a big deal)?

Re doing the set up for the cell phone is not a big deal.

Thanks

[email protected]

I'm not sure, JohnnyB. I know I lost all of my bluetooth connections. I had to redo my phones and iPod. I would shoot your issue via email to Ron and let him give you suggestions. I'm no expert, I just follow instructions well. :haveabeer:

I sent him an email. Thanks for the info.

I will post his answer, just in case it may help someone.

Did anyone ever come up with any answers to the sirius losing sigmal?

It is happening even more now.