Fight the City (help?)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My town doesn't permit vehicles to be parked on the lawn. They have to be in the garage or on the paved driveway. Gravel, mulch, etc. is not permitted to be used for driveways--have to be either cement or asphalt.

Vehicles cannot be parked on any street without a current license plate. Also, no vehicle can be parked on the street longer than 72 hours or it will be subject to towing and impounding at the owner's expense.

I didn't think that someone make a complaint specifically on JDBoxes house but I do think that people were complaining about it somewhere nearby, probably that was a much worse yard (isn't that what the articles are all about) and therefore the police or code enforcement officers or whoever were trying to enforce the law throughout the neighborhood.

I agree there is a reason for rules that regulate what your property looks like and that people have every right to complain. However, based on JDBoxes picture his yard doesn't really look that bad to me, he is certainly parking in a place meant for it. It could use a little improving and maybe someone to rake the leaves but there certainly must be worse places in the area that brought the issue to light in the first place.