finally a homeowner....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerald Pierce

Reaction score
A little after the fact, but closed Tuesday on the house I had been renting for 3 years. What initially was going to be a 1 year stint here in VA grew to 3 years, and now I am going to be here until I retire from the Navy so I figured I might as well buy it. It's value got hit by the market to the tune of about 60k over the last 3 years, so the rent I paid is pretty much a wash, other than the tax savings.

Gonna have to take the topper off so I get more crap in the back from Home Depot -- the mods to the house have begun :)

[Broken External Image]:

Congrats!!! July 4 will be 3 years since my wife and i purchased our house. Still remodeling, trying to grow grass and everything else that a home needs. It never ends.

Congrats! That's a nice center entrance colonial.

I just closed on my first house in February. I've been to Home Depot, Lowes, and most of the local nurseries more times than I care to think about.

At least the Navy will make your house payments till you retire. My Navy retirement is making most of my house payments now.

At least the Navy will make your house payments till you retire. My Navy retirement is making most of my house payments now.

Nothing like getting a tax free allowance and then taking a tax deduction for what you use it for.

My retirement will be double what my mortgage is (going to stay 2 more for 28 total) and with the new GI bill, they will give me a "living allowance" for a few years while I am going to school full time in addition to my retirement/retainer.

Got to love this job!

Thanks for all the comments,

Back to home depot again :)

If you need a nice rating sticker for the ST, here's a website that sells high quality products:

http://www.militarybest.com/naraba.html