Finally disconnectged Traction Control on 2007 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYJohn

Reaction score
Bye Bye traction control!!!! Very simple procedure- for anyone interested- follow your brake lines by the rear wheels. Right next to the brake line , you'll see a thinner wire, follow it away from the wheel about 15 inches and "unplug" the plug. It's that simple.Yes it disables ABS so I wouldn't suggest leaving it that way. So in conjunction with Xcal on my truck, I'm doing massive, smokey, burnouts. It's like getting a new ST, Again!!! I'm finally happy and feel like I got my money's worth.:D

I have video on my friends cell phone- trying to figure out how to get it on the computer.

I have a 4x4 but the 4x4 is operated by a definate on/off switch. the 4 wheel drive is only on when you select the switch.

There's 2 videos in My Library. I cant figure out how to put a link here with out getting a

red X in the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have the V8. For some reason I couldnt get the sound up. I have the Xcal 93 octane program on it so I'm sure that helps. It's so easy to get this thing to burn out. If I shift down to Drive 1, I can just punch it from a dead stop and peel out without holding down the brake. Lately I've been getting a lot of stares from first generation ST's as I leave them in the dust.:lol:

Really? I've gotten some stares from second gen STs when I leave them in the dust. There's quite a few of them around here, even though NO dealerships have any.