Finally Got Heads

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Reyes

Reaction score
Finally received the Stage 3 heads I had paid for back in January. Now all I need is the CompCam and a Thorttle Body from Todd Z, a new fuel pump and I think Im set.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Between spending $4600 for the supercharger and all the SCT tuner stuff etc, the heads, exhaust, piping, headers and hopefully cam Im still looking at alot in installation and dyno time.

Id have to hold off on the bottom end for now as Im too poor, but maybe in the future I could complete the task. But without sponsors or a shop to constantly get help from I am somewhat stuck.

Beautiful!

But... They're... Missing a cylinder.

Unfortunately, you're really far away, 'cause I'd give up some free labor just to play with the tuning.

These heads were built for the 4.0 v6 model from a company that is running the same setup as I do, however theyn use it on a Mustang and run 9 second quarter miles. However that is a true drag car, this one is only going to be running 440 hp.

I will not be going to Louisville as I am reclassing my job to Explosive Ordinance Disposal and will be going to school in Eglin Florida for the next year.

Sorry here you go

Edelbrock fully ported intake and exhaust ports plus high polished chambers and exhaust ports, plus length 1.90/1.56 swirl polished stainless steel valves, .500 lift CompCams valve springs (#80 seat), retainers, and seals : 226 CFM intake/176 CFM exhaust.

Though I believe that the valve springs were actually replaced with another company springs due to some unreliability with Edlebrock springs

Now I don't have any experience building these 4.0 for performance but to me an #80 spring on a .500 cam seems a little on the weak side, I know if I tried doing that on any of my SBC's the valves would jump right off the seat.

Latest posts