Finally installed the Thunderbolt Intake

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
So I finally got around to installing the Thunderbolt intake I bought. I got it on Tuesday and today I got around to putting it in. Turns out it isn't a perfect fit, it is supposed to be attached with these two plastic retainers that you drill holes for. I didn't feel that I needed to so I didn't. Maybe if I took the platform that the old airbox was on I'd need to. I haven't driven anywhere yet. Well, sort of. I had to put the cone on the end of the tube with no box to drive to home depot to pick up some longer screws. The design of the intake isn't the greatest so I modified it a little bit by using some longer screws and attaching them backwards from how they were supposed to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted pics of the pieces in another thread, there really isn't anything to take pictures of, it's the stock tube and a new air box, pictures wouldn't show anything. What I should say is this intake doesn't fit the 04, only up to the 03.