finally saw a 2007 ST on the road

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bart Adkins

Reaction score
Well, today at 5pm in Champion, Ohio I saw mty first '07 Trac out in public.(I've seen a few at dealerships) It was that dark stone grey...whatever they call it. At first glance from the front I thought it was just an Explorer, but as it went by I saw the signature high and stubby bed that makes our trucks so unique looking. I was wondering if it may have been a member. But honestly, all I can say from the front view is yaaawwwn. It would have been more flashy had it been black.

I've seen a few on the road now. They seem to moving through the dealers reasonably well. Just an impression, no facts. I don't see the same ones remaining on the lot very long. I agree some advertising would be good. At least let people know it exists.

I think they need to advertise too. I found mine only by chance. When I was truck shopping I didn't even consider the ST. I need room for passengers but want cargo space too so I was looking at 4DR Tacomas and Frontiers. I never knew how versatile this vehicles are for someone like me (occasional hauler). I just happened to see a coworker driving a trac, asked him to check it out and as it turned out he was selling it. Now I love it, I wish I would've known about them sooner.

I work for a large engineering and manufacturing company in Ohio. Since a large percentage of the employees have engineering backgrounds many of them are also into cars/trucks. We have two parking lots at our campus and just off the top of my head I can think of at least six of the first gen Tracs in our lot which holds about 800 cars. So far there is only one 07. Its a black Limited. I plan to order a Mineral Grey Limited 4x4 V-8 as soon as the power rear window option becomes available. I might also wait a little longer just to see if there is any change to the door handle design. Rumor has it they might add a recess in the arm rest that will be easier to grab when closing the doors than the current "hidden" pull handle. That will supposedly happen in July when the 07 Explorers go into production. According to Ford's website that is also when the power rear window will become available.

I saw my first one on the road on the way in to work this morning. It was dark red with a factory tonneau cover. You'd think with my 50 mile commute through the heart of Houston I would have seen more, but this is the first one I've seen on the street. Not bad looking, at least in passing.

I've seen two on the road here in Tallahassee, one red and one charcoal. They look nice, and I'm jealous that they have the V8 option I've always wished my '01 offered, but to be honest I think the old generation was more interesting. These seem too toned down, smoothed out, etc.

Offering matching cladding was fantastic (also not offered on my '01) in the last few years models, but the all-new '07 just doesn't quite do it for me.

I figured I would see them everwhere after I traded my 01 for an 07. I have had mine for two months and finally saw one on the road near my town, and of all things it was identical to mine! (and no, it's not dark cherry!)

Once I thought I was driving behind one, but it turned out to be a new F150. :wacko:

No actual sightings seen on the road yet in my area (metro Boston). I have seen a few on the lots though. Thought I'd be seeing a lot more by now.