Finished new box...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08Red STA

Reaction score
Well I finished it. First attempt on this style of box, and it came out pretty good (see pics in library). Only cost me $12, and about 2 hours to do. I also carpeted it but didnt take any finished pics as I was too excited to get it in. Fits like a glove.

Its under the seat style. I incorporated the hump to add any additional airspace I could...about 1 cu ft total. Not sure how it compares to yours, but it sounds nearly as good as both of them did in the larger ported box (so Im pleased). But I did change the position. I have it facing up instead of down. Gave me alittle more room.

Sounds good. Wont win any competitions, but nice tone and good thump. Exactly what I was hoping for. If anyone needs the measurements for a similar box, let me know. Mine is so tight I had to remove the seat and install the seat around the box, yet still has some room for the sub to breathe. Perfect fit.

Yeah, mine has enough room to slide out from underneath the seat if there's ever an issue.

Oh and to answer my previous questions regarding sound quality in box, whoever mentioned using MDF is important, was correct. I think that was a HUGE part of it. The other stuff I used was hard but not flexible at all. It splintered pretty easy. This MDF was perfect. Im already looking into building another for behind the seat to house the other sub I have, since I have wood left over.