Firestone

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Niekum

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting some Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s. Does anyone have them on their ST. They got excellent ratings on Tirerack.com.

My wife's Saturn Ion-3 came with 16" rims and low profile (55 series) Firestone Firehawk tires. They are pretty good tires, but we don't have much mileage on the Saturn (under 13K miles), but wear appears to be normal so far.

Wet weather traction is not as good as I expected, but much much better than the Goodyear RT/S tires that came on the Sport Trac.

I have always had good experiences with Firestone tires except for the Firestone Wilderness AT that came on my old 2001 Job-1 Sport Trac. They were down right squirely and had a mind of their own. I replaced them with Goodyear Wrangler RF/A's within 2 weeks. They were Rotation-Free AquaTread tires that ran great and had terriffic wet weather traction. Ford later reimbursed me for the cost of the Goodyears when they recalled all the Firestone's

...Rich

Got them on my Vette and love them. For some reason, I've never considered them for the ST. Don't know about off-road capabilities. Something about a semi-performance car tire on a ST seems strange but they should handle pretty good. Your truck, your tires! What ever makes you feel good :D.

Jay

I'll never buy any firestone product. No sidewall. some Goodyears are a close second... they need to prove that they've fixed their quality issues... remember, JMHO...

that issue has subsided, they still don't have any sidewalls... the tire roll under themselves when you corner. allways did, and, IMO allways will....

i got em on my white 02 trac. 255 70 r16 . this is my second set. the best tires i have ever owned. i can corner at 70mph and the trac is glued..the ....ee sway bar helps too. i have them filled with nitro fill and Did notice a difference in the ride too. Very smooth quiet ride with excellent wet traction. i do some very mild offroad when fishing and never a problem....

There is a reason that they are top rated at tire rack.....because they are that good.....the only tire that imo equals or beats the indy 500 is the goodyear fortera silent armor. They are on a friends ride but they are like 850 a set. indys cost me 120 each mt and bal . each. I say go for em.........white letters out of course...:)

Latest posts