First bath for the ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coleman Brumley

Reaction score
The warm up inspired me to get my ST cleaned up.

Here's a pic.

I have some appearance things I want to do to her. Hood scoop, push bar, nerf boards.

As far as performance mods...updated exhaust, cold air intake, and performance TB.

:driving:

[Broken External Image]:

LOL @ Jerry.

I did my tune up today, finally. New autolite double platinum plugs, cleaned the IAC, clean the TB, new gates S belt, new tensioner pulley, new idler pulley. :banana:

She runs great now!!! Shouldn't need this kind of tune up for another 100K -- hopefully.

Found out I need a new rack and pinion and lower ball joints though. :cry:

Oh, well, the last of the bugs. She should run like a new car after that!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, sorry to hear about the rack n pinion and ball joints. I'll be doing the tune up on mine when I get my tax return next week. New plugs, wires, S.D. coil pack, wires, PCV Valve, fuel filter. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for me. I'll be ordering the wires, coil pack, longer torsion bar bolts from Todd Z.

:banana:

Thanks, Cluster. The hood scoop is at the bottom of the list, to be honest.

I'm more interested in getting the running boards re-done (naval gel and rhino liner!) and getting the westin safari light bar installed.

Anybody have an idea on the time estimate I should expect for the rack and pinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Contacted the shop today about the work. Getting new ball joints and probably a whole new rack and pinion. I'm probably talking a good chunk of change, but at least it's tax season!

Latest posts