First ST 2007 Limited

Help Support SportTrac.org:

Rkb53

2nd Gen Owner
V8 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Yes that's the wiring harness I think I got. Will let you know how it goes when I get around to installing it hopefully soon. If it doesn't go smoothly, don't forget I know where you live. LoL

Thank again
R

Hi R,
If the harness that came with your unit looks like the one from the pictures, it should be all plug and play with no cutting of wires.
Hi R,
If the harness that came with your unit looks like the one from the pictures, it should be all plug and play with no cutting of wires. I just don't remember if my unit came with the complete harness or I purchased it elsewhere.

I just don't remember if my unit came with the complete harness or I purchased it elsewhere.

jetmech

ST Supporter
2nd Gen Owner
V8 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Yes that's the wiring harness I think I got. Will let you know how it goes when I get around to installing it hopefully soon. If it doesn't go smoothly, don't forget I know where you live. LoL

Thank again
R
BTW, after your installation, should you have a noticeable pop sound from your subwoofer when you start your truck, there's an easy fix.

Per Crutchfield: "Finally, the Ford amp is used to getting a 5-volt signal from the stock radio, so the 12-volt signal from a new stereo will cause an audible (and annoying) thump every time you turn on the vehicle. You'll need to purchase an inexpensive 12-volt to 5-volt adapter to cure this problem. Trust us, it's totally worth it, and it's included as part of your installation package when you purchase your new stereo from Crutchfield."

The converter is spliced into the power and ground wires that go to the subwoofer amp. The Crutchfield converter link may say it's not for your vehicle, but it absolutely will work as it only involves two spliced in wires. Once installed, it completely removed the annoying pop from my sub. It might make sense to order it now and do the splice while you've got the dash all apart. I found out the hard way and had to go back in. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:

Sansjob

2nd Gen Owner
V8 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Hi R,
If the harness that came with your unit looks like the one from the pictures, it should be all plug and play with no cutting of wires. I just don't remember if my unit came with the complete harness or I purchased it elsewhere.
that is the same harness kit that i received. i did not have to do any splicing, if i remember correctly. it was all plug and play..

Rkb53

2nd Gen Owner
V8 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. on that 12 to 5 volt converter. The only problem is,I don't have the sub woofer set up in mine. I wish I did. I have been looking for years for an oem unit and haven't found one yet. Do you know where I can find one? Thanks. Randy

jetmech

ST Supporter
2nd Gen Owner
V8 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. on that 12 to 5 volt converter. The only problem is,I don't have the sub woofer set up in mine. I wish I did. I have been looking for years for an oem unit and haven't found one yet. Do you know where I can find one? Thanks. Randy
Yeah, guess you may not need the converter after all. At this point, the best bet would probably be to just go aftermarket. There's ton's of stuff out there:

Rkb53

2nd Gen Owner
V8 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Yeah, guess you may not need the converter after all. At this point, the best bet would probably be to just go aftermarket. There's ton's of stuff out there:

Once again thank you. I really was looking for oem. That way everything fits right and works right. Oh well. Maybe that Rockville sub is the way to go, but will it fit? That is the question. It looks like it would. Anyway, if anyone else is reading this and has an oem unit sitting around collecting dust and wants to sell it, let me know.

WinoOutWest

2nd Gen Owner
V8 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
I just installed that Rockville sub in my 09 in the space where the OEM goes behind the seat. Lots of room for it and easy to install. I installed the sub volume knob in the little cubby under the armrest and beside the cig lighter. Ran Signal and power to it thru the center and under the vinyl.
I also installed an ATOTO S8 Pro + Backup camera and am very pleased with the results. Everything is working very well and a huge sound improvement over the OEM radio.

Here's a link to the deck I put in:

Rkb53

2nd Gen Owner
V8 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Nice looking unit. Thanks, but if you don't mind, why is price so high? What does it have that lesser expensive units don't have? Thanks

WinoOutWest

2nd Gen Owner
V8 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Sorry, I linked to the 10" model. I went with the 8"Screen - not the 10"
This is the one I have:

My reasons for this model were:
3GB Memory and faster processor - units with 2gb seem to have lots of reviews about being slow to respond
Audio DSP/amplifier specs are really good. 29wpc x 4 (I didn't find the amplifier specs on the linked Chinese one which would cause me concern)
5 USB ports (Camera, TPMS, etc - 1-Quick Charge built in)
2 BT radios - 1 dedicated for phone and 1 dedicated for my ODB reader
Actually seems to be a legit company behind it with support etc.

Had it in for 3 months now and very pleased with the features and the sound quality. It was a big improvement over my stock sound - even before I added the subwoofer.

Arc_Light

2nd Gen Owner
V8 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Can you tell us more about the camera? Is it forward or rear facing or both? Make and model, and any installation issues. I've got a 2010 Limited I'd like to add a camera too.
I've got a 2010 Limited, as well, and I'd also like to hear more about the camera as I'd like to install one in mine.

Latest posts