fiter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walter clark

Reaction score
2001 job 1 automatic , going to get trans filter and gasket. What tranny do I have and are all ST's the same tranny ????

Walter, I have a 2001 ST, and had to replace the tranny at 116,000 miles. While looking for one I found that it was called a 5R55E. I found one from an online parts dealer in S.C and got it with 5000 miles on it for $650 including shipping to Texas. The Ford dealer that installed it had me to crawl under my ST and get the number off a tag attached to the tranny to confirm something that had to do with a code system,then he had me give him the numbers from the new tranny, the numbers were different, but compatible, and as a matter of fact, the tag on the one I ordered had some factory tags that ID'ed it as a tranny for the Ford Ranger, nevertheless,it is was also a 5R55e, it is running great and I have had no problems with it. I gave a lot of info that was uncalled for, but I did want you to know some particulars about your question concerning if all ST had the same tranny. My ST was a Job 2, made in June of 2001. Hope that helps you with your question!:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: