flaher problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Jones 3

Reaction score
I have an '04 ST and when I have the steering wheel in the first tilt position every thing is fine but when in the second or lower my left signal light will not work.Owned many Fords but never had this happen before.LOL May be the only one in the world that does this.LOL I can live with it but on long runs on speed control I set the steering wheel lower.

Thanks

Tom

I had the same problem with my 01. The problem is the electrical connection is pulled to tight when you lower the column. If you take of the plastic cover around the steeering wheel you will see the ellectrical connection. What I did was lower the tilt wheel all the way down and pulled the wire connection a little so it had some slack. Never had that problem again.

From the FAQ's...

Category

Electrical

Frequently Asked Question

My brake lights do not work, or 1 side blinker flashes faster then the other (Front or Rear)?

Answer

First check the bulbs to make sure they are good. This was a common problem on the earlier 01-05 Sport Tracs. Tilt your steering wheel up and down a little while trying the brake or directional. If the lights start working properly again, there is a wire in the column that gets stretched by the tilt and can eventually break. Have it looked at by he dealer or repair shop.

Last Updated

11/20/2007

Thanks for the info and will heve it repaired for it must be the wire for always check the bulbs first LOL but when I got out to check them they were working just great but, I always tilt my steering wheel up when I exit and that was when I realized it was in the tilt not bulbs.

Thanks again

Latest posts