flasher

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Help ,I fitted LED stop & tail lights & of course with the lower resistance the indicators flash to fast,problem is I cannot locate the flasher unit to replace it with a heavy duty one?? I have the dash out & it sounds like it is in a black box on wheel side of the radio?? am I correct in looking for a little round or square box?? please help as the canadian police do not like v flashers that go faster than they should

I beleive the owners manual has the location, but here is a post i dug up...

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=581428&REPLYCOUNT=6&sitename=mysporttrac

Todd Z

I have LEDs all around. An electronic flasher from autozone flashes lights at the correct speed. The OEM unit would flash too fast. BTW the OEM flasher is under the dash to the right of th steering wheel. Its enclosed in a black plastic box.

Mike C, do you have a part # for the flasher? I've purchased the Autozone LED and I was going to install them this weekend, sounds like I need to pick up a flasher too.

Ken

Ga:Dry D, The reason he asked me instead of you is the fact that I am about 15 miles closer to him than you are. I guess he wanted a quicker response.:D:D:D

Roger, The "Trident Stant" brand electronic flasher "EP27" sold at Autozone is what you want. I wrongly posted a different number previously.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you put LEDs and don't want to replace the flasher, you can add a 6 ohm resistor to make it flash slower:

Last edited by a moderator:
As posted the EP27 flasher is what you want. The flasher is located in a black box ( along with other relays) under the dash almost inline with the gas pedal.