flat radiator hose

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raffy hizon

Reaction score
hi guys,

while cleaning the engine i noticed that my radiator hose was flat...so i opened the cap and heard some air suck in then the hose was round again BUT i noticed that the fluid in the radiator was lacking. the levels in the reservoi was alright though. do i have a leak somewhere or not enough coolant was placed a few months back when i had i serviced...

Sounds like you might need a new radiator cap. Instead of creating a vacuum, the sucking sound, your cap should have allowed coolant to be drawn in to the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like your also low on coolant. Also there could be a clog in the radiator..

I would replace the cap and check the radiator..

Todd Z

thanks for the replies guys,

the only problem was that the engine coolant level low.... no leaks, cap is ok, etc....

i suspect that technician AT THE DEALERSHIP just topped of the radiator with coolant and just put the cap on forgetting to let it run without the cap for a while....:angry:

my fault too.... i never checked it:D, always thought they were sure of their work