Flowmaster 40 exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbehm

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
2010 ST XLT 2wd 4.0L, just installed Flowmaster 40, catback res/delete with 3" tailpipe. Definitely improved deeper sound at minimal cost $190.

Attachments

• PPCM8203.JPG
    PPCM8203.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 84
Hey all, was thinking about improving my trucks performance with an aftermarket exhaust system. What are the best recommendations for a product that will mostly improve gas mileage and overall performance? Thanks,
Andy S.

There will be several different recommendations here. I recently upgraded my 1 Gen with with a 2.5" dual out custom catback using a Dynomax super turbo muffler https://www.dynomax.com/super-turbo-centered-offset-643.html and couldn't be happier with the deeper sound slightly louder than stock at idle and acceleration. Seat of the pants dyno did feel a slight improvement in performance. No mph analysis as of yet.

Thanks will look into it. Probably have to hold off for a while. When I got my trac it was in need of tlc since everything hadn't been done before it needed the fuel pump replaced and all that work. I wish I had more $$

Bigger is not always better, you will loose bottom end.... and be nasty and raspy at high rpms.....

On my Ranger before my ST, it had the 4.0L VIN X, I had a custom made cat back with 2.5 pipe. I used a Flowmaster 42551 and had the single pipe come out in factory location. Looked exactly like stock but the sound was like the Mustang GT at the time.

i am not sure what gen ya have, but on a gen 1 you have very few choices any more, short of custom from shop, my 18 year old gibson is needing a upgrade and i see only 2 and both are similar, had amazing luck with my gibson and so easy to install. i like what phil did and looking into a custom install now but not sure of price but if 600 range that is my choice.

I have gen 1 ST I paid less $600 than but you can save some money by going generic dynomax turbo chambered muffler with same dimension relatively the exact muffler for less. Funny story this is my second ST exact year and color had Gibson on it and liked it too. This set up is a little louder and wanted the additional flow to support my Moddbox SC setup.

Latest posts