flowmaster 40 serieis

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ted Best

Reaction score
Hi all, i've been reading a lot about the flowmaster 40 serieis. i am in desperate need of a new cat back exhaust system. how much does it run normally? and why is it so much better than say Gibson or Magnaflow?

Well the flowmaster is just a muffler not a whole system. You will need to find a good shop to bend the pipes for ya. DO NOT go to a chain store like mieke or whatever. Prices will vary by place to place (normally $200-$400) depending on what you want. It is no better than Magnaflow or Gibson...Its all about sound. The Flowmaster will be louder than those other 2 you will see no more gains with that muffler over any other muffler even the $20 ones (4.0L isnt a beast).

Last edited by a moderator:
i got mine mine for $120. $100 for the muffler, and $20 for a reducer, and two dumps. the only reason i do dumps is because i do alot of off roading and having dual pipes in the back is just one more thing to break. so i kept my muffler high so that it doesnt stick down further then the frame. i think its just easier maint. no pipes to clean, you cant break a hanger and have one pipe hanging lower then the other.

I have the 40 series with dual turn downs. Super loud in the cab. Nice on the outside. Can't compare to a V8 though.