Fog Light Cut Out?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
My ST didnt come with fog lights, and im ready to finally install..

What is the best (cleanest) way to cut out the plastic???

Thanks!

Look for a hole saw that attaches to a drill. Similar to one that you would cut a hole into a door for a door knob. Would need to be bigger that that though. Possibly a saw that was made for metal doors, since the teeth would be smaller and cut cleaner. I am not sure what size the hole would be exactly...

Has anyone ever done a project on this? I'm going to be putting fogs in mine too, but using aftermarket lamps. Anyone ever fabricated their own mounts? Would the lights mount behind the hole or into it? Thanx for any answers!

Do a search. I think it is a 3" hole saw you need. I know it was asked before and I was interested in doing it. The person traced and cut a 3" circle out of paper and got the center point, centered it in the area and used it to mark the center of the cutout area. Then used the saw to remove it.;)

Sorry, found the post and it's a 3 1/2" hole.

Here is the post:

Last edited by a moderator:
ck,

I have a '02 that came without the fog lights. I did my installation about 3-4 weeks ago. The saw you will need is 3 5/8” that is the actual measurement from the ford installation manual. (Sorry, stonemiser - you were close) Home depot and Lowes sells them. It cost around $15-16 U.S.plus the attachment for the saw/drill. See if you can rent it from a tool shop because you will need a special attachment for it to fit the saw/drill.

Are you installing the OEM or an aftermarket one?

I installed the OEM, purchased it from e-bay brand new. $71.00. including shipping. - came with everything including wiring instructions and independent switch.

Works well with low and high beam, no cutting out at high beam. Turns off with either the light switch or the independent switch.

That was a fun project. Good luck with yours.

I cut mine out with a hole saw and the Fogs (aftermarket from walmart) fit so snug, I didnt need to fabricate a mounting bracket. All I did was put 2 tie straps on them and attached them to something under the bumper and they havent budged since the install almost a year ago.