fog light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pat jones

Reaction score
ATTENTION!! All sport trac gen 2 owners!! I have just found some awesome fog light halos for our sport tracs http://www.carid.com/2006-ford-explorer-fog-lights/winjet-halo-projector-fog-lights-314532.html

They fit on the explorer so i assume they fit on the sport trac but im not sure. But these are by far the coolest fog lights i have seen for a gen 2 sport trac. Plus its a good deal considering how expensive halos normally are.

I might not be the first person to show you guys these but i had never seen anything about these so i thought i might wanna let the good people know!!:haveabeer:

That and those annoying blue headlights.

Ditto.......I get blinded all the time in my city. They are very popular with the custom chevy trucks. There are alot of them around here. Even the lowered ones blind me.

We have a city ordinance against them. The cops' do nonthing. For fear of being racist. The hispanic cops do nonthing either. Not trying to sound racist, but that is the majority of the ones using them. Their trucks are realy nice except the darn blue headlights.

IMO, a well adjusted upgrade white light gives better visability.

Pat - I checked on a few other website (Amazon, Rockauto.com), and most sets of fog lights are listed as Explorer and Sport Trac fitted during the Gen II years. So I "think" they'll work.

I've always been annoyed by drivers of all sorts of cars who shine bright lights in my face because they think it makes them cool. It does not. By the same token, the last thing I want to do as a good citizen is to blind oncoming drivers.

When I got my '07 S/T (used), I was annoyed to find that the headlights had been adjusted to point straight ahead, right into the faces of oncoming drivers and not illuminating the road at all! (I discovered this on a foggy night, and had to stop because I couldn't see where I was going either!) Even more annoying was that I had to go back twice to insist that the lights were set to meed DOT regulations.

I wouldn't call the other lights in my S/T "fog lights" since they throw their beams all over the place, and aren't very useful in the fog or during heavy snowfall. I wouldn't mind getting real fog lights, but my fear is that the industry makes fashion accessories, not useful driving lights. Currently the only use I can find for my faux fog lights is to increase visibility for the amazing number of people who act as if my big white elephant is invisible on the road.

Agree with the comments regarding the bright blue lights; poor adjustment; etc. Often wish I had a ball bat and an opportunity to "correct" the lights of some of these A-holes who tailgate or blind me oncoming with their cute little lights.

Latest posts