FOG LIGHTS ON WITH BRIGHTS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryandPam Wallace

Reaction score
Below is a question from a previous post.

My question is will this mod work on a 2004 ST?

Thanks in Advance.

Terry:):)

Fog lights to brights by PimpedoutSt, 9/22/2005 20:44 ET

Category - Lights

I have an 02 st and i just did the project where you brake off the tab on the circut so that the fog lights aslo turn into brights. I checked and the fog lights are not turing to brights. What could the reason be for this?

re: Fog lights to brights by Coastiejoe,9/22/2005 20:51 ET

The project is designed to allow the fog lights to be on when the bright headlamps are on.

The OEM wiring will turn off the fog lights any time you turn your bright headlamps on. By doing the project it bypasses this and allows the fogs to stay lit when the bright headlamps are illuminated.

It does not change the brightness or intensity of the fog lamps itself.

Unless I miss-read your post, I think you misunderstood what the project actually did.

Am I correct??

re: Fog lights to brights by FMarano,9/22/2005 21:15 ET

the fog lights do not get "brighter" they just are able to be on when the brights are applied

re: Fog lights to brights by pimedoutSt,9/22/2005 21:34 ET

Thanks ok i thought wrong but it is still cool

FYI, fogs with hi-beams on aren't going to help you a lot in actual fog. Make it worse actually. True foglights work best when mounted low. Here is a link to an online magazine article I wrote on upgrading the bulbs. Go to the link, then click on the word STREET. :cool:

Same bulbs will work in a Trac..

Last edited by a moderator:
lol i went to the "rangerstation" website... but thought it read ANGERstation... was thinking that was an odd name... DOH!:lol::lol:

If you want BRIGHTER lights, use 9005 headlight bulbs. They fit and I've been running them for a year now with no problem. I started out with regular ol' halogen headlight bulbs in the fog lights, then I moved up to an HID kit. I can drive with JUST the fog lights on. However, many people on this site think that the HID kits are dangerous for other drivers, and I can see why they think that because they ARE extremely bright, but they make things safer for me.

I did the bright lights with fogs mod, and I'm very happy with the difference it made. It doesn't help any in the fog of course, but for driving on narrow dark roads at night, I love being able to use the brights and fogs at the same time. Personally, I like being able to see far in front of me (with the brights) as well as seeing the sides of the road with the fogs.. It really just depends on the driving conditions.