Fog's and Hi's

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Davis

Reaction score
Please one of you geniuses post a fix to get the fogs running on high beam for an 05 ST. I would prefer of course that the switching still functions as normal meaning hi beams on, switch to fogs and indicator light comes on along with lamps. I looked at the fixes for the 01 thru 03 and the relays do not match on the 05. I bet the relay is still there just a different layout. I need a wire wizard to get this figured out for me.:wacko:

You could always just wire in your own switch, free of factory relays and switches. You'd have 100% independent switching of your fogs from your high beams. Other then that, I don't think anyone has found a way to trick the '05 fogs into staying on with the hi beams.

Me,

Your best bet is to invest in a Helm Repair manual and EVTM for the Trac. You would need to follow the EVTM (Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual) for the correct relay.

That is the only way you can figure out which relay you need to modify.

Tom

I'm working on a member project for the 04-05's. I submited this before but found out it had a glitch. I now have this resoved and will submit it soon so everyone can use their brights and their fogs.

Mike 0 :)

Post it here Mike. It can be added to the projects later. Or email it to me and I'll try it this weekend on my 04 and give an update.

grump

Just be careful about the laws in your state. In NJ, your vehicle will not pass inspection if the Fog lights come on with the high beams - they specifically check for that (I found out the hard way on my first car, a 1987 Nissan Sentra that I bought and installed aftermarket foglights for...)

Travis

Latest posts