??? for owners that are using lift spindles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael b

Reaction score
I was looking at spindles & one company sent me an E-Mail saying that their spindles would only work with rims 17x7 or larger. Some of you guys are using 15x10s aren't you? Maybe it's a different style spindle? My big question is how is the sport trac holding up with the lift spindles? Is it really hard on the front end parts? How is the ride & handling? Can the ST be aligned without changing any other parts? A lot of the companies say that you can only use a stock offset wheel or else it puts too much strain on the spindles. Does that mean any wide rim or is the offset the same but the rim just wider? I really want to do the spindle/add a leaf, I just need the advice of someone who has already done it & how it's working out in the long term. BTW, Can you still do TT with new spindles for a little extra lift? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there look in my library I have the camburg lift spondles on mine and you have to get a cam kit for the front to be able to align it. Yes you can also do a tt with the spindles. But remember that you have to get some taller shocks if you do the tt. as far as the add a leaf I just did a shackle on mine. The ride will not change if you only do the spindle if you do the tt you will loose some of the ride but it also handles alot better. any questions ask me.

I have been running a spindle lift on my sport trac since middle of 03 and currently have 130k miles on the Trac. I have not had any trouble so far. I had more trouble with the body lift that I just put on 3 months ago than I have had with the spindle kit to date.

I got my spindle lift @ 4wheel direct here in SoCal back in january, not one thing wrong with it!!! I love my ST!!!

I really don't know the details but may be they can help u...[Broken External Image]:

SilverGiant: Were you able to get the ST aligned alright & everything? I only have TT & still get wear on the inside of the tires. Thanks

BTW are the photos in your library with the spindles alone or are they with the body lift included?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts