For those that have done the Torsion Twist (TT)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devin Underberg

Reaction score
Can those that have done the torsion twist get me a measurement? Maybe from the center of the wheel to the fender or something like that, which isnt affected by tire size. I am going to do the lift but dont want to exceed the 2 inch mark. So if I get enough responses from you all I can max out the front with out going over.

Thanks,

Devin

I'm pretty sure you won't exceed two inches even if you max it out. The best thing to do is to take a measurement on your truck (while on level ground). Take it at the same point on both sides to make sure it's even. Then do the torsion twist. Max it out, then measure to make sure it's even. Then drive it for a short distance (around the block a couple of times, maybe over some speed bumps to "work" the suspension a bit) and measure again to make sure it's still even. Like I said, I seriously doubt you'll get two inches of lift, but if you do, you can go back under and back them off a bit. It doesn't have to be an "all or nothing" situation.